That photo of our little man was taken almost fourteen weeks ago. Y'all, that means I have less than 7 weeks until his due-date!
I am getting really excited to meet my sweet baby boy, and my brain has definitely transitioned into "getting ready for baby" gear. Since this is my third time welcoming a baby into the world (and it's been less than two years since I had a baby boy), we have basically everything we need. It's just a matter of organizing and getting ready. And, since I have some experience, I also know what things will matter to me after the birth and be important in making for a speedy recovery and peaceful transition.
A couple of weeks ago, I put together a list of things I want to do and things I need to (or would like to) buy before Joshua makes his appearance.Thankfully with help from Ben and my Mom, I've been able to chip away at my list.
Organize all our children's clothes. Sort things into hand-me-downs for Joshua, a few special girl items to save, and items to consign/give to Goodwill.
- Wash, sort and, and store clothes Joshua will use. Put newborn and 0-3 month clothes in his drawer.
Put together a toy organization system Katie can handle by herself. Fix the cabinet door on the children's dresser.
- Make cloth wipes
- Clean and set up bassinet
- Freeze at least 10 dinners worth of food, plus breakfast items
- Order more cloth diapers (I'm thinking 10-12 more) and get them washed and ready to go
- Get noise machine, hamper, and GoodNite Lite for Katie and Benjamin's room
- Pick up a new DVD or two for Katie and Benjamin (not because I advocate rotting their brains in front of the TV all day--but I know there will be the occasional moment when I really need something to hold their attention during the transition into life with three babes)
- Purchase a Baby K'Tan carrier (I've finally settled on this to add to my baby-wearing arsenal)
Order birth kit
- Gather other birth supplies
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting this site!