This year is weird for me. It's my first time since I was married that I'm beginning a year without a baby under 1 or a baby on the way. I'm hoping to maximize my productivity in the coming months, because God could change my current status at any time! :)
My life with three littles under age 5 is busy. I make almost all of our food from scratch and we almost never eat out. I work from home as a virtual assistant. I'm home schooling one child, breastfeeding another, and will be potty training one in the coming weeks (hopefully!). So, even though I'm not pregnant and I don't have an infant, my days are full and I don't have time to waste (who does?).
A lot of my goals for this year are basic, but I tried to prioritize my goals based on what would make the most significant difference for us during this season of life. My current priority areas are my marriage, my children, our home, and my personal health and well-being.
With that in mind, here's the list for 2014:
1. Read through The Quiet Place when I nurse Joshua in the mornings
2. Memorize Ephesians 1 and 2
3. Read 12 books
4. Wrap up my Family Herbalist Course (should be done this month!) and complete the first two modules of the Holistic Wellness Professional course.
5. Go on one date per month
6. Have one overnight stay sans children this year (this would be a first for us since our honeymoon!)
7. Write 12 love notes
8. Iron Ben's dress shirts every week
9. Finish Kindergarten with Katie
10. Start preschool with Benjamin
11. Train the children to diligently help with chores
12. Memorize through Question 75 in the children's catechism with Katie and Question 20 with Benjamin
13. Set aside at least one hour every week to just play with the kids
14. Establish a cleaning routine that works for me
15. Use Flava app on my phone and a notebook to keep track of milestones/funny things the kids say each month
16. Upload and organize our photos every month